ETA-IL (Electronic Travel Authorization)

What is ETA-IL?

The rules for travel to Israel have changed. Starting from August 2024, visitors from visa-exempt countries are required to obtain an ETA-IL (Electronic Travel Authorization) to enter the state of Israel. An approved ETA-IL, indicates that you are allowed to travel to Israel and stay for up to 90 days per visit.
All travelers to Israel must have a valid visa or ETA-IL approval before they start their journey. If you are eligible, obtaining an ETA-IL is a simpler and faster process. Learn more

Israel will allow a pilot phase that will commence on June 1, 2024, and will be open to citizens of the US and Germany. Citizens of other countries can apply starting July 1, 2024, with mandatory approval required from August 1, 2024.

The objective of the pilot phase is to activate the system and assess the application process before it becomes mandatory. During this period, participation is voluntary for interested visitors from the countries involved in the pilot program.

Note: Israeli citizens or holders of an Israeli identity number do not need to apply for an ETA-IL.

Back to Index

New: Quick & easy travel approval


2 Years or less


Up to 90 Days Per Visit


25 NIS per person

Your ETA-IL will stay valid for up to 2 years, or until your current passport expires – whichever comes first.

An ETA-IL lets you to arrive to Israel for up to 90 days. If you wish to stay longer, you will be required to request an extension of stay at PIBA.

During the pilot period, the use of the ETA-IL system is free of charge.

Application fee
(You cannot get a refund after you apply)

Your ETA-IL will stay valid for up to 2 years, or until your current passport expires – whichever comes first. If you obtain a new passport or change your name, gender or country of citizenship, you will be required to apply for a new travel authorization.

Back to Index

What can you do with an ETA-IL?

  1. Enjoy Israel as a tourist
  2. Doing Business
  3. Travel for non-work and non-medical purposes

You must

  1. Be eligible (check if you are eligible)
  2. Be a citizen of an eligible country
  3. Have a valid passport

You can apply for an ETA-IL if:

  1. You are a citizen of a country that is exempt from visa to Israel
  2. Your passport is valid at least until the end of your visit to Israel
  3. 3You plan to visit Israel for up to 90 days

Even if you get an ETA-IL, it doesn't guarantee that you will be allowed to enter Israel. An Electronic Travel Authorization only allows you to reach the border crossing into Israel, but does not grant you permission to enter or reside in Israel. When you arrive at the border crossing, you will be checked by a border control officer, who may determine that you are not authorized to enter Israel.

Note: Israeli citizens or holders of an Israeli identity number do not need to apply for an ETA-IL

Back to Index

Step by step

Step 1

Collect everything you need

• A passport issued by a visa exempt country, valid for the duration of your stay
• A valid email address
• A valid payment method Visa®, Mastercard® or American Express® for the fee payment 25 NIS(You cannot get a refund after you apply)

Step 2

Apply for ETA-IL

• Complete the ETA-IL application form. Ensure the information you provide is accurate.
• Pay the 25 NIS fee (during the pilot period the application will be free of charge)
• Submit your application

Step 3

Wait for your response

• Once your application is complete, we will get in touch with you via the email you have entered.
• Most applicants will get a response immediately. In certain cases, it may take up to 72 hours. If you don't see a response, check your inbox, including your spam/junk folder.

Step 4

Receive your result

If your ETA-IL application is approved: We will email you with your ETA-IL number, the start date, and the terms and conditions. Keep a copy of this message with you during your stay in Israel.
If we have follow-up questions: We will email you and explain how you can provide the information we need.
If your ETA-IL application is denied: We will email you the status for your application and advise you to contact our help center for additional information.

• Please do not submit additional ETA-IL applications. Unfortunately, that will not impact your results.

• Click here to check your eligibility for ETA – IL
• Click here to Start your application

Back to Index


Q: What does it mean that I have an ETA-IL authorization?

A: Receiving ETA-IL authorization does not allow you to stay in Israel for two years, it only allows you to travel to Israel if your passport is one of a Visa-exempt country, allowing you to stay for 90 days or less. If you plan to stay for longer than 90 days you will be required to submit a request for the extension of your stay.

Q: When should I submit an application through ETA-IL?

A: Applications may be submitted at any time prior to travel to Israel. The Population and Immigration Authority recommends that travel authorization applications be submitted at least 72 hours prior to any booking of flight tickets, hotel rooms and other similar expanses that are related your planned travel to Israel.

Q: How long is my ETA-IL valid for?

A: Your ETA-IL authorization is generally valid for multiple trips over a period of up to two years from the date your application is approved. or until your passport expires, whichever comes first. This means that as long as you received an ETA-IL authorization to travel, you do not have to reapply during the validity period. If your ETA-IL expires while in Israel, it will not affect your departure.

Q: How do I correct a mistake on my application?

A: You can correct your application as long as the form has not been submitted yet. The final step of the application before submission allows you to review your data. After submission, you cannot correct the form, and you will need to fill out a new form

Q: How do I know if my citizenship qualifies me to apply for an ETA-IL?

A: If you are a citizen of an eligible country that does not require a B/2 visa for Israel, you must complete an ETA-IL form.

See the list of countries that require a visa: Click Here
Back to Index